Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wackadoo Zoo

We just found out yesterday that Max got picked to be the main character (Professor) in the 1st grade's annual play.

I really don't know how this happened. I mean... I knew he wanted to audition for the part and I was very encouraging... but I didn't really think he would actually get the part. I guess I tend to think that way. You know. The - keep your expectations low so you're always pleasantly surprised - kind of way.

ANYHOW.

It just so happens, if you have a voice that naturally projects throughout an auditorium, an uncanny ability to memorize words, and a bizarre talent for adopting accents; you are apparently quite sought after for theater productions.

Which is GREAT!
Except.
It turns out.
As The Professor.
He has A LOT of lines.
AND... he has THREE songs.
That he has to sing.
BY HIMSELF.

We have nineteen days... and might I just say... he is already tired of practicing.

HAVE NO FEAR, if we end up needing an understudy, Alex has heard the lines enough now that she has most of them memorized.

Nothing like a little competition to get Max motivated.

No comments: