Thursday, March 11, 2010

Maybe... An Easter Bunny...

I don't think I can do it. I don't think I'm mature enough to get a cat yet.

I just know that once we're at the shelter and they ask me what we're looking for - instead of saying, "We'd like an adult, female, short-haired cat that would be good with kids." - I'm going to say, "Do you have any cats that aren't assholes?" - and then they'll either show us to the door or show us dogs. If they show us dogs we'll most definitely come home with one... maybe even two.

Either way, I cannot be trusted.

Not helping matters much is Max and his complete ambivalence/borderline dislike towards animals. Today I asked him what he thought about getting a cat and, without any hesitation whatsoever, he said, "NO." and then looked at me like that was the stupidest question ever

I tried to ask him why he didn't want one (though I really don't need an explanation) and he was all, "I just don't really feel like doing that. Can we have sushi for dinner tonight?"

No comments: