Mondays are usually pajama days for Alex. For the entire day. She usually doesn't want to go anywhere or do anything but play at home in her PJs. Doing whatever she wants! I feel I need to clarify that because things flow quite differently when Max is around. I know it sounds shocking, but he kind of tends to dominate situations. So she relishes her freedom... in her cozy PJs.
I actually look forward to Mondays with her. I'm usually exhausted from the weekend and it's a nice low-key day. We keep things very relaxed. So relaxed that it's not unheard of for her to have nothing but marshmallows for lunch. THAT kind of day.
But today was the first day of her first real gymnastics class. It was scheduled for 4pm. She was dressed and ready for it by 10am. For the remaining six hours she was either running around the house screaming about how excited she was to be going to gymnastics; or she was a whiny mess because she couldn't stand waiting any longer to go to gymnastics. She didn't even want to each lunch because she didn't want to get her new leotard dirty.
It has been a very long day.
On the flip side, I really loved seeing her that excited about something... and she ended up LOVING the class... so did Max (he started too).
They worked these kids OUT! It was impressive. I wish I had signed them up sooner. It's only 6pm and they both look like they're about to pass out already!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment