This is the part I hate about parenting:
the endless resistance (The whining. The AH, COME ON's!!! The explosive tantrums.) to - at times, like now, it seems like - everything...
Get dressed.
Brush your teeth.
Go take a bath.
Alex, I need to brush your hair.
It's time to cut your nails.
Please go to the bathroom!
Turn off the TV.
Homework!
Let's try something new.
Share your toys.
Put your toys away.
Put your jacket on.
No, I'm sorry. We really don't need that infomercial product.
Can you run upstairs and get something for me?
Candy? No. Yogurt, cheese, pears. Yes.
We can't have sushi two nights in a row... or more than once a month.
I ran out of spaghetti sauce.
Let's go for a walk.
Be nice to each other.
You may not jump off of the couch like that!
This is my standard reply:
I understand your opposition.
As your mother, my job is to take care of you and do what is best for you.
I will not surrender.
I accept your challenge and am prepared for battle.
Bring it!
AND, OMG, THEY DO!!!
2 comments:
Hmmmmm...d'ya think in 40 years they will be writing the same thing about you on their blogs? :D
I'll just be a drooling mess by then...
;)
Post a Comment