I am sitting outside watching the snow melt into the garden. Max and Alex are playing in the sandbox. Max is directing the construction and every couple of minutes Alex lets out scream of disapproval. He backs off. They play quietly. The cycle begins again. It's their way.
After an unusually long period of silence, I look over to find them in nothing but their underwear. I'm not surprised. It's a sunny day... about 60 degrees. Max starts to overheat in temperatures just above freezing. Alex just likes taking her clothes off.
They come over to sit with me. Max is still "SO HOT!" so he starts rubbing snow all over his skin... "Ah, that feels good!"... and then he puts a big chunk in his belly button. Alex does the same. I eventually fall in line.
So... we sit together... in the yummy sunshine... listening to the birds... waiting for the snow to melt in our belly buttons. It's a race, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment