Max usually bounces out of the car when I drop him off at school. With his excitedly loud voice he yellS, "OKAY, MOM! I'LL SEE YA LATER!" We hug and kiss and he goes running to his class - usually stopping to play quickly on the ice sheet or, lately, play in the big, muddy water puddle along the way.
This morning was different. I don't really know why. He wasn't excited. He was actually QUIET. When I told him it was time to get out of the car and go to class, he just kind of muttered, "Okay."
As we were hugging and kissing and saying our I Love You's he said, "Mommy, really I'm sad. I'm always sad when I have to say good-bye to you."
I told him I was sad too, but that we'd see each other soon.... and reminded him that he had gymnastics after I picked him up; so he could look forward to that. He just kind of sighed and then walked off slowly to his class with his head hung low.
... and I cried the whole way home.
I hope tomorrow is better.
No comments:
Post a Comment