Monday, February 22, 2010

Watching the Time Fly

I took this picture yesterday of Max and I. It immediately reminded me of this following one I took of us about five years ago on a snowy walk.
He's got his "backpack gaze" on... not quite out of it... just completely content.
He lost his first tooth almost two weeks ago now and I can't believe how much it changes his face and the way he talks... just like when they came in... but without all the drool.


Today was the first day he's ever said he doesn't want to go to school. I felt so bad for him. Monday's are hard - especially if we've had a really fun weekend together. He wanted to stay and play outside in the snow some more; but felt better when Alex assured him she would wait so that they could play together after school.

And they did. It's been so interesting to watch their relationship develop. They know each other extremely well now; they know just what to say to comfort or torment the other - depending on their mood. Alex is particularly adept at that.
She's definitely a girl.

1 comment:

lara kiyomi said...

I still want a brother for that very reason!