Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Devils Thumb Ranch
We stayed at Devils Thumb Ranch, near Winter Park, a few weeks ago and had a fantastic weekend full of skate skiing, swimming, sleigh riding, eating, soaking in the hot tub, playing air hockey and bowling in the game room and... this was Max's favorite... exercising down in the fitness room.
This is a view from the loft area in the center of the lodge. While Dan skied, the kids and I would get books from the library and come here to snuggle into one of the worn, leather couches and read.
Of course, the reading only lasted for so long. Then they'd bust out and climb onto their favorite rocking chair to play their favorite game: Let's rock back and forth as hard as we can until Alex falls off. Every game they play seems to be some variation of this...
Realizing that trying to relax with them will only make me insane, it was off to the fitness room. Max was not too interested in skiing on this trip. But he WAS extremely motivated to 'EXERCISE IN THE GYM!" He would start pleading to go to the fitness room to work-out the second he woke up in the morning. Honestly, I've never seen someone so excited to get on a treadmill. And he was pretty serious about it. He would run for quite a while... and, as you can see, he enjoyed messing around on it too. Then he'd move on to the elliptical before working out on the weight machines. The boy actually had a routine. Since the weight machines could be adjusted to his size, he was really able to use them. I almost wish I'd gotten a shot of him doing 60 lb squats.
But I really like this one of Alex watching him do them. I can still hear his grunting when I see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment