Every now and then we call Alex this... it began a few years ago, but it's still a very appropriate nick-name for her:
The other night Max, Dan, I are finishing our dinner while Alex is in the living room dancing to some music. Out of the corner of my eye I can see her twirling with her arms over her head and galloping back and forth. She's working on all kinds of different moves and suddenly, she takes a giant leap and tries to spin mid-air. Then she completely drops out of view and lands on the floor. There is a loud THUD followed by a long silence. We all keep quiet too... waiting to see what she does. She pops right back up and announces, "I'M OKAY! I'M OKAY!!!!!" So we start clapping for her. "That didn't work out how I had planned," she says - not really disappointed - more as a matter of fact. I tell her I think that it was an awesome and gutsy move.. "Ya, it WAS!"... and then she keeps right on dancing.
I hope she remembers this little girl and holds her close. I know I always will.
No comments:
Post a Comment