
Yesterday was a huge day! After the science fair, Max had an afternoon birthday party at JUNGLEQUEST. I had to use the caps, because the excitement for this day had been building for a month... when he received the invitation in the mail. Every morning since, he would read the invitation on the way to school, and we would cross off another day on the countdown. For an entire month! Everyday. The same invitation. Word for word. "Come zoom on our zip lines, buzz over our Burma bridges, swerve on our swings, and ratchet up our rock walls." And everyday he would say, "Mom, I just can't wait another day!!!!" He had never been, but the name alone pretty much says it all: EXTREME FUN!
So, FINALLY, yesterday was the day!!!!!!! This place is insane... in a good way... mostly. It's just wall to wall kids (I think I was actually standing on a pile of 'em to take this shot) and lots of waiting in line to take your turn... ordered chaos comes to mind. Once they climb onto the platforms, they actually clip onto the rope with their locking carabiners... THEMSELVES. Then the jungle guides yell, JUMP! ... and you just hope they got it right and go flying into the air and not down onto the mats.
It's extreme fun alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment