Sunday, March 22, 2009

One of Those Days

Today is one of those days I wish I could buy some patience. Dan is out of town. Alex has been in the. foulest. mood. all. day! By foulest mood I mean that she screams or cries at me for EVERY LITTLE THING! And, apparently, nothing is right in her world today. This is just a small sampling:

"Max is talking do me! Don't say that to me! Max, don't even look at me! That piece of pancake is in the syrup! I didn't want water! I'm not hungry! I'm hungry! I don't want to wear this (everything in her dresser)! No shoes! NO, you can't comb my hair (even though it looks like a major rat's nest)! Where is my dog? I can't find my dog! (I have to mobilize Max to help me look for the dog - desperate measure - we found it, thank god.) Oh, no, there is a feather on my blanket! Get that bug off the slide! I can't go down with that bug on the slide! (It was so small, it took me five minutes to even find it) NO, I don't want to take a nap! I'm not tired! (she did sleep, but of course, woke up crying) Hold me (wailing at the shower door-no place is sacred)! GO AWAY! Hold me! NOW! Now, go away!"

I am sooooo tired.

No comments: