Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another Reason to Get a Cat

The mice are amongst us. We caught four in traps last week with no sign of anymore until today. Mice poop in the kitchen. Shit. Apparently that's not all I said. Alex started yelling at Max to come downstairs "because there's a freakin' mouse in here with lots of mouse poop - come look at the poop!" I stuffed a laugh down at first, and then she just kept saying it... freakin' mouse... freakin' mouse... freakin' mouse... Mommy, there's a freakin' mouse in here...

No public outings for her for a few days.

To put the final touches on this very long day of sucky parenting, I set the mother-effin traps and managed snapping my previously-smashed-and-almost-finally-healed finger at least 3 times. Parenting is not the only thing I suck at. At least no one but the mice were around to hear me.

I can't wait 'til morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't think you suck at parenting at all, you didn't get a manual with either of them and it is trial and error,umm that last wrd was error!!!! it means that if we come out unscathed it is all grace and luck. Alex and Max have the best of mums. Stand in the mirror and tell that to yourself for a while. Then go set an other f.... mouse trap!
dad

Anonymous said...

By the way--Cats like birds a lot more than mice. I think you have to starve cats to get them to eat mice.

dad

Katianne said...

Okay. I'll do that. Thanks, Dad... especially for the cat info. ;)