Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Morning

Max woke at 6:30 am and shouted, "I HAVE A GOOD FEELING !!!!!" Alex was quick to follow with the waking and the extreme excitement. Max could see the new Polar Express train set that was running near the tree downstairs...

"ALEX, I SEE A TRAIN! SANTA WAS HERE!!!! I SEE THE POLAR EXPRESS!!! AND THERE'S A BELL!"
"OH. MY. GOSH!!!!!!!!," she squealed.

They both ran downstairs and were blown away by all of the packages. They kept showing each other all of their presents. They were so happy I couldn't take my eyes off of them - partly because it was such a beautiful sight and partly because I was worried they might actually explode.

Dan and I grabbed some coffee and we proceeded to watch them tear through all of the wrapping paper. Mid-pile Max said, "THIS IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS - EVER!" Alex was in definite agreement.

It truly was a Christmas filled with pure, unadulterated joy.

And this is the only way I can describe it:

They just adored everything. Everything. Especially the chapstick. They were beyond thrilled to be getting flavored chapsticks... sure, they liked the Wii... but, Oh My God... "DR. PEPPER FLAVORED CHAPSTICK!!!"

Complete elation. Exactly how a Christmas morning should be.

No comments: