Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mr. Handsome


Max had a holiday concert last night. He was so excited to put his "costume" on. When he was dressed he looked in the mirror and said, "WOW! I really look good in this!"

His confidence definitely carried over into his performance. He was super into it - just singing his heart out and really getting into all of the movements that were choreographed to go with the words. I was really impressed with how well everyone was doing... and then came the rainbow song. They had to make a rainbow with their arms at least fifty times. Even I got tired just watching them. Halfway through you could see a lot of eyes glazing over... some of them started to yawn... but they kept singing and doing the rainbow move. They were committed. Max was done though.

During the next song he started playing with his shirt... as in - Hey, look, I can put my hand in my shirt - between these two buttons - I can touch my skin - I can take it out - and then put it back in!!! The entire song. I couldn't help whispering, "For the love of God... Please, pay attention, Max." Mostly, I was just glad he wasn't discovering something in his pants. And then there was another song. For that one he played with his cuffs - he would hide his hands and then clap the stiff cuffs together - he was completely amused by that. Dan was laughing hysterically... getting it all on film. FINALLY - Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer was up and he started to sing and groove again - and then, thankfully, it was over. Merry Christmas.

No comments: