Max heard the doorbell ring this morning and he got all excited and ran to the door. He could see the UPS truck out the window and the packages that the delivery man had left and he just started screaming, "THE UPS TRUCK! THE UPS TRUCK IS HERE!... AND HE LEFT PACKAGES!!!" He has loved the UPS truck ever since his train table and train set arrived years ago via the big, brown truck.
UPS truck = very good things.
He opened the door and said, "Hello! Thank you for the packages." The guy said Hi back... and Merry Christmas. "MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO!" He was so extremely happy... he was actually jumping up and down!
Then he read who the packages were for - he saw my name and he just completely lost it. "AWE. COME. ON. WHY DON'T I EVER GET ANY PACKAGES?!?" He dropped the packages inside, ran into the living room crying, and fell onto the couch in a heap... beyond disappointed. He just couldn't take one more package with my name on it.
I hadn't really realized how badly I've been torturing him with all of my online Santa-purchases. I kind of feel bad.
But I'm guessing he'll feel very differently on Christmas morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment