Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Things I Have Learned in the Past Week

It is extremely painful to step on marbles while barefoot.

Stepping on a cheap string of plastic Mardi Gras beads with your shoes on will gouge your wood floor 100 times deeper than dropping James (made of heavy metal - no pun intended) in the same spot 10 times.

Pickled zucchini slices are actually very tasty!

If I park on the left side of the parking lot when picking Max up from preschool, there is no problem. If, however, there are no spaces available on the left and I am forced to park on the right; he will lose his shit faster than a baby with diarrhea and I will have to endure a full-on kicking, screaming, hitting, crying you-name-it tantrum for at least half an hour thereafter. I still have no idea why...

Alex can almost count to ten. She does 1,2,3 then skips a few and finishes with 8, 9, and 10. She is also starting to sing along when we sing songs and she does most of the hand movements as well. She really likes 5 Little Ducks and Drip Drop, Drip Drop, See the Falling Rain.

The other day Alex was playing quietly in her room and when I went to check on her I found her singing The Wheels on the Bus to one of her dolls ... she was doing all of the movements with the doll that I do with her ... she was really mad when she saw me and told me NO, Mommy - so I left ... standing outside the doorway I heard her start singing again. Her sweet little voice...

Max has figured out that he can climb up the kitchen cabinets to get at the chocolate stash. I know this because he always slams the doors closed before climbing down.

Alex likes to sneak up on me. It doesn't matter what I'm doing: working on the computer, cooking, folding laundry ... she'll just stand there super quietly and watch. I have to pretend I don't see her until she comes up to me ... she doesn't like it when I find her...

My son loves to replace the toilet paper rolls and he almost always puts the seat back down ... he definitely has potential...

No comments: