Tuesday, February 5, 2008

No Such Thing as Privacy

Max and Alex decided to help me get dressed this morning.  

We walk into the closet.  Max says, "Mommy, can I pick out your shirt?"  Sure.  "Okay.  Do you want long or short sleeves?"  Long.  "Okay, so how about this one?"  It's too dressy for today since we're just staying home.  "MOM, what is that?"  It's called a bra.  "What is it for?"  Um, I just need it for my breasts.  "What are breasts?"  (He's only known them as boobs.) Alex is turning her head from side to side - giggling each time her hair touches her face.  Breasts are also called boobs, I tell Max.  "WHY?"  It's just another name for them.  "What are boobs for?"  They're for feeding babies after they are born.  Mommy fed you and Alex when you were babies and now I need LOTS and LOTS of support for them so I need to wear this bra.  "OH!"

Alex is now behind me slapping her little hands on my butt.  I grab a shirt from the top shelf and Max gets down to join Alex.  "MOM, your butt is squishy!!!!"  (Apparently, so is my tummy.)   "MOM, your butt is REALLY squishy!!!!"  "YA!"  Alex agrees.  Poke, poke, poke.  I know, Mommy needs to exercise more.  Let's find some pants to cover Mommy's squishy butt.  OKAY.  Thanks for helping me.  "Mommy,  now you need socks.  I'm going to climb up to get them."  (They're up high on the third shelf.)  Max says, "Alex, I'm going to climb up and get the socks for Mommy.  Will you spot me, Alex???"  "YA!", she says excitedly.  She's always thrilled to be included in the missions.  Max starts climbing away.  "Mommy, I'll get these for you, but then you'll have to put them on yourself because I don't want to do that for you."  I understand, Max.  He drops them down to Alex.  "Here you go!  Alex, give those to Mommy." Thanks, guys.

2 comments:

lara kiyomi said...

I think by "squishy" they mean "super insanely rock hard drop dead sexy." It's what I would mean, anyway.

Anonymous said...

Well, You might hold these simple comments about 'just' the body for when they get older they will attack your whole body mind and soul. Hang on and go get some exercise!!!
Thanks for the vision!
Dad