These are some of the sweet peas in our garden that have come up from Max's seed plantings. I can't wait! Yummy. We've already had lots of asparagus this year. Unfortunately, it tastes a bit strange...whatever the 'gamey' equivalent is for vegetables. We also have lots of tomatos and peppers started inside and we're trying some new things this year...some Bok Choy and Fava Beans (I like to eat them, but I think I like the word FAVA even more)...it's always fun to experiment. Anywho, Dan is quite pleased to have his garden going again. It makes him very happy. I think Max is going to grow some cucumber and zucchini this year. His tiny little rectangle was so beautiful and abundant last year with just about everything...doesn't like to thin or weed. This year he especially likes the worms. He's always wanting to dig some up so that he can hold them and walk around the yard with 'em...talking to them very softly...giggling at how tickly they are. I'm not all that keen, but I'm getting used to them...ah, the depths of a mother's love...
And then there's Alex...she's fascinated with the dirt...loves to touch it...loves to sift it..loves to throw it...loves to rub it in her hair...loves to eat it. LOVES IT!
It's going to be a great summer.