Sunday, September 18, 2011

Free Spirit and Rule Follower Make Cookies

Max started making chocolate chip cookies all by himself this summer. It's one of his favorite activities now and Alex is always up for helping as well. They make a good team. He reads the directions, measures, dumps, and pours. She sits on the counter and stirs.

Occasionally she'll offer advice... like when he announces it's time to add the nuts.

I don't think you should add nuts, Max. That's not a good idea. Let's not do that. I don't like nuts. Max, sometimes you don't have good ideas.
Well, Alex, it says to add nuts in the recipe! I'm just trying to follow the directions. And it was my idea to make the cookies. That's a good idea.
Okay. Well, just don't add the nuts.
Mom? Do we have to add the nuts? *Why is it on here then?
Max, I told you.
Fine! Stop eating the dough!

2 comments:

Tom Gibbons said...

Refreshing and rare that siblings with such different personalities can collaborate to accomplish a task. Especially when it involves something delicious like chocolate chip cookies! How did they turn out...the cookies I mean! Wonderful story Katie.

Ruby's Raiser said...

Mmm, I'll have a dozen. No nuts, they just take up valuable chip space!