Monday, August 8, 2011

Spider Monkey


The other day Alex informed me that she was done with ballet - as in it's completely useless to me and also, I don't like to wear tights - and then told me she really wanted to start taking karate lessons - as in I love The Karate Kid and I want to know how to do ALL of those extremely cool, possibly very useful moves! So, she was asking if we could go right now and I was trying to explain that I needed to actually find a place first and sign her up when Max heard us talking and chimed in, "WHAT'S ALEX DOING?! WHY DOES SHE WANT TO TAKE KARATE? WHAT KINDS OF THINGS DO YOU LEARN IN KARATE?"

I thought to myself, that's kind of weird: It's unusual for him to be interested in anything that doesn't directly concern him... and he actually seemed kind of concerned.

Then I caught of glimpse of Alex. She was staring at Max and this smirk began to appear on her face as she sensed his fear. Then she said, very matter-of-factly, "I'M GOING TO LEARN WHAT YOU LEARN IN KARATE, MAX, SO I CAN DO CERTAIN THINGS!!!"

Max just kind of sat there-speechless. Alex just smiled.

Well played, Little One. Well played.

No comments: