Sunday, June 13, 2010

We Rode the Train!


We rode the train from Silverton to Durango today.

All I can say is... there was a lot of excitement to get ON the train... and... after that... not so much. Alex fell asleep in my lap 30 minutes in and Max busied himself with playing checkers on my iphone and running back and forth to get hot chocolate. Free refills!!!!! AND he got to cross 2 cars to get to the snack car! Should I be worried that his favorite part was finding out that there was a snack car?

He also ended up having to poop during the ride. After what seemed like an abnormally long time - he finally emerged from the bathroom and announced - VERY LOUDLY- that the bathroom was AMAZING!!! Afterwards, he proceeded to tell everyone in our car (they couldn't help hearing) about the toilet... and how it worked... and about how big his poop was... and that it was in the shape of a horse shoe... and IT STILL WENT DOWN when he pushed his foot to flush it!!!

I can't even begin to describe what it's like... getting used to those sorts of public conversations...

Anyway, since Alex was on my lap most of the way I just sort of sat there and watched the gorgeous scenery fade in and out. It was actually very relaxing... and then... after watching everyone bounce from one window to another - taking thousands of photos... I thought... shit... I guess I should get one too... so I stuck the camera out the window and snapped this shot towards the end. I think it'll do.

No comments: