Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Crested Butte

I have now been with the kids for 5 days straight without a break and the fracture lines are definitely beginning to widen.

At this point, when Max and Alex aren't fully engaged in an activity, they are either fighting with each other, otherwise annoying each other, playing with each other - but annoying me with their various, irritating noises, or complaining and whining about a perceived injustice.

So it was with great disappointment when we discovered this morning that all of the mountain activities - I had thought/hoped we could do - aren't open until after we leave - and they're too young for horseback riding or river rafting. I tried enticing them with a treasure hunt under the ski lifts, but they weren't interested in WALKING... AT ALL.

Thankfully, there is a little pottery painting studio downtown. We spent all afternoon slapping paint on all kinds of ceramic items. It was fun - but it wasn't what I'm used to doing here. It's strange being here with children.

I want to play in these gorgeous mountains. I will admit it... I want to escape... to feel free... to be quiet.

It's just not going to happen.

No comments: