Max is now at the stage where he wants to try ALL kinds of things off the diving board. Which is pretty much what I remember doing all summer long when I was growing up. There was lots of tennis and swim team practice, but most of our time was spent goofing around in the pool and doing crazy tricks off the diving board. We would even send our little dachshund off at times - wearing a life jacket - of course. I'm sure he LOVED it.
Anyway, Max was super keen to try a flip on Sunday. He was a bit apprehensive at first so he practiced off the side. After this trial run he was feeling pretty confident. He promptly got in line and tried a flip off of the board... and landed flat on his back! He came up screaming - in complete pain - "IT HURTS SO BAD!" He has not tried another flip since... but today he thinks he should go for a backward dive... to which Alex replied, "MAX, I DON'T THINK THAT'S A GOOD IDEA."
I think he should TOTALLY go for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment