Friday, April 18, 2008


The kids are both taking a nap right now. It's strange when the house is this quiet - it's such a rare occurrence these days. I didn't quite know what to do with myself so I made this wreath from the grasses we had out front. ( I pruned and cut our xeric front landscape last weekend. ) I could have done so many things with this quiet time. I could have: washed the hand prints off the windows and sliding glass door, emptied the dishwasher, washed the dishes piled in the sink, mopped the floors, started some laundry, folded some laundry, made dinner, worked on raising donations for teacher appreciation week, called to make appointments I've been meaning to make for weeks, called friends, called my family, cleaned the bathrooms, downloaded some more music, read some blogs, read one of my new books, dusted, watered the plants, searched for all of the missing toys and very important game pieces, picked up all of the other toys and very-important-absolutely-necessary-to-play game pieces that are lying all over the floor and put them away, put all of Dans' clothes lying all over the bedroom floor away, plucked my eyebrows, made some tea, and even taken a nap myself. But no, I had this queer calling to be crafty... and then to blog about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Katianne,

The list of things to do is never-ending in this world in which we live. There is no such thing as a completed to-do-list! When we spend our lives focused only on the to-dos then life becomes just a chore!! It is so very wonderful that you follow your soul and take the time to create something beautiful. The rest of us would do ourselves a great favor if we took a leaf out of your book!!