First of all, I am a bike rider. I believe riding bikes is a very good thing. Most bike riders are super courteous. This is for the ones that don't get it.
For the morons... on bikes.
There are some things I'd very much like you to consider:
1. I am running on the extreme right edge of the massively wide path so that people can easily pass me on the left. Therefore, it is absolutely unnecessary for you to ring your obnoxious bell to alert me of your presence. I realize I'm running on a bike path! I assume that riders will be passing me! While I'm sure it's fantastically hilarious to watch me startle, trip, and narrowly avoid face planting; I'd really prefer a run without that kind adrenaline rush.
2. When you do happen to ride by me it is also unnecessary - after already frantically ringing said obnoxious bell - to scream in my ear that YOU'RE PASSING ON THE LEFT when YOU ARE - ACTUALLY - PASSING ME ON THE LEFT?!?
3. If you are passing someone on a WIDE path - especially with no one coming in the opposite direction - and that person has to jump off of the edge of the path to avoid getting hit by you... that is... um... TOO FUCKING CLOSE!
4. Passing someone so closely can have some serious consequences. For instance, it's quite likely that an arm could suddenly - and not so accidentally - swing wide and shove your dumb ass off your bike.
5. I'm pretty sure that would be your fault.
The end.
1 comment:
Enjoying your blog. Very funny!
Post a Comment