Bedtime discussion...
Alex: Mommy, how does a mermaid pee?
My split second thought process... okay... it might have been a few minutes...
*If I say they don't pee, she will use this answer when she doesn't want to pee - which seems to be a lot these days - "I'm a mermaid now, Mommy, and mermaids don't pee!" Great. Also, it's kind of confusing. I can't say that.
*If I say it actually comes out some where, where would that be, and how would I explain it? Also kind of confusing... and exhausting for me. What is the exact physiology of the mermaid fin? Maybe there's a zipper? Weird. And super confusing. She'd never buy that.
*I can honestly say, I've never wondered this before. She is clearly much smarter than I am.
*I could say it just comes out a tiny hole covered by a flap... or... the gills... No, that seems kind of gross... that's like peeing in the pool... all the time... and then I'd have to explain gills... and then she'd be all, "but how can they use gills for breathing and peeing????"
*Beyond confusing.
*I'd also have to explain why she doesn't have gills.... I just know it. Gills is definitely not a good answer. Come on, Katie. Use your imagination! Be creative!
*Nothin'.
*I need to google this...
So, I end up saying:
"I have no idea. Why are you hiding the sprinkles under your bed?"
1 comment:
Wow that is a lot of work for the normal parental answer!!;-)))
I'm glad you are raising your kids and not me, I think I would be blown away. Where is the actual "interface" between the fish and the human? what I think it shows is that Alex has a mother that is willing to listen to all her ideas so she can express even the things that most children would just keep to themselves....way to go!!! what a mothers day Post!!
Dad
Post a Comment