Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sand Dunes


Max climbing his way out of a super steep hole.


Alex at the top of High Dune.


Dan and Max running down High Dune. (Max climbed the whole way up!)


Playing in Medano Creek.

I have to admit, I've been slow to embrace the whole car-camping concept. Given the choice, I prefer backpacking to a secluded spot in nature over sleeping in - basically - parking lots with trees. But the kids - and this place - have definitely changed me. From the moment they got out of the car, they had so much fun! I almost think you could pitch a tent in an actual parking lot and they'd have the time of their lives. They just love the novelty of it all. It didn't even matter to them if it was raining, windy, cold, hot, swarming with mosquitos... they rolled with it all and really enjoyed themselves! It was awesome.

No comments: