Me: "How about your running shoes?"
Alex: "No."
Me: "How about your pink crocs?"
Alex: "No."
Me: "How... about... your gel shoes?"
Alex: "No."
Me: "Those orange sandals that Max used to wear - you like those!"
Alex: "No. I don't want to wear ANY of those shoes. I DON'T WANT ANY SHOES!!!."
Me: *shit*
Ding. Ding. Ding. Then I remembered this pair of sandals we bought for her a few months ago - incase she outgrew her other ones over the summer - and also because when she saw them in the store I knew we wouldn't be leaving them behind without a very long, loud protest - she fell in love with the pink and red flowers - and I was really tired - and they were only a couple of bucks.
I was so happy and pleased with myself - we had to go - it was getting late - and she needed shoes. I thought phew! crisis averted.
Me: "Oh, I know Alex... let's try those new pink and red sandals that are in the closet."
Alex: "OH, OKAY. OHHHH. I LOVE THOSE SHOES!!!"
So we put them on her and she was excited beyond belief to be wearing them. And then she took a couple of steps and started screaming that they weren't right!
Me: "What's not right?!"
Alex: "THIS!"
Me: "WHAT?!"
Alex: "This part - pointing to where her toes were." "FIX IT!"
Her toes were touching the pink part and she only wanted them to be on the red. When she pushed her heels back they were just on the red but every time she took a couple of steps they landed on the pink. She started freaking out.
Me: "I'm sorry. I can't fix that. That just happens. Your toes must want to be on the pink - they keep moving over there."
Alex just stares at me. What the...? I'm completely desperate. I even made up a
Me: "Do you want to take them off?"
Alex: "NO."
Last resort. I told her to go show Daddy.
Me: "I bet Daddy will LOVE those shoes. Go show him how pretty they are."
Alex: (laughing through her tears... she liked that idea) "Okay. Ya, because he will really like these."
And then she was fine.
*thank god for Daddy*
No comments:
Post a Comment