Saturday, May 9, 2009
Playing With Toys In Every Other Way Than The Way They Were Intended
I think Max is ready to start climbing... or at least he's ready to learn how to not kill himself. This morning he took the jump rope and tied one end around his waist (with a pretty good knot I have to admit) and then proceeded to tie the other end of the rope around the top of the banister (a sort of self belay set-up) to lower himself down the stairs. When I told him that wasn't a good idea, he just huffed, rolled his eyes at the "not safe" part, and went outside and did the same thing on his play set... and ended up dangling in mid-air! He started yelling for help - and this is the scary part - there is always a scary part with Max: he was yelling because the sprinklers were on and he knew the next zone was about to pop up underneath him; not because he happened to be trapped, hanging high above the ground. That was the part he liked!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment