Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Moments That Make Me Smile

Max sitting on top of the washing machine watching for his favorite orange shirt to surface amidst the churning bubbles and crying, "There it is Mommy! There's my orange shirt! It's very wet in the water and it's very dirty. Soon it will be clean and I can wear it again!"
Alex trying to immitate monkey sounds with her Daddy. OOOH. OOOOH. OOOOH.
The way Alex will throw her head on my chest and hug me for a long, long time.
When we're riding in the car and Max will tell Alex where we are going and what's happening. "I'm going to music class, Alex. You will be going to your little daycare. You're going to cry and be very sad, but it's okay because I will come and find you when I'm done. Okay?! Okay, Alex? This is a red light. We have to stop and wait for it to turn green. There's the train, Alex. It has coal in its cars..."
Yesterday Max saw Alex sitting in her high chair waiting for me to feed her when he announced that she was very hungry and asked if he could give her some Snap Pea Crisps (the bag was sitting on the table). I said it was okay and he proceeded to pour the entire bag on the plate in front of her. "There you go, Alex. BOY, THAT'S A LOT OF SNAP PEA CRISPS! Maybe, I should help you!" Alex had the biggest grin I've ever seen, then she dove right in.
Sometimes, when Alex wakes up from a nap, Max likes to go in to 'get her' by himself. Lately, he grabs a book before climbing into the crib with her... and with this sweet little voice (the one you don't hear very often) he starts to read to her. I listen to them on the monitor and it melts my heart. He describes all of the pictures to her...she squeals with delight.

1 comment:

VA Belles said...

Treasure these moments. The wee lass is always telling me that I don't love her as much as she loves me. I am hoping that this is an age thing! A friend of mine told me that kids never understand how their parent loves them until they have kids of their own. I am not even sure this is true as each parent/child relationship is so different. I do understand the concept she is describing though as the child is a part of you etc. Back to my point! My cousin often describes such scene between her son and her daughter, who is about two years younger. I wonder if I ever had such a sweet relationship with my brother? I wonder if such relationships are often with an older brother/younger sister?

One thing I do know... write them down, take pictures, do what you have to do to remember them and cherish those moments. Kids grow up so quickly