Monday, November 8, 2010

Sticks and Stones

The kids and I went for a little nature walk on Saturday afternoon to soak in some of the last bit of color and the gorgeous weather. At one point I stopped them and asked them to stand together so I could get a 'nice' picture of them.... which is the stupidest thing to say to them EVER. I regretted the words coming out of my mouth instantly. They immediately ignore me the second they hear me wanting something. But I just kept taking pictures... and in the end... came away with some of my favorite photos of them. THIS is how they are:
sometimes shy
sometimes goofy
sometimes they just love annoying eachother
sometimes the little girly girl is the biggest badass
sometimes they make each other laugh so hard their stomachs hurt
and sometimes they don't always get what they want.
No matter what, they're always living completely in the moment... and that very fact makes them so beautiful... always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Probably been a while since you have been here, so don't know if you will be seeing this. But want to let you know how much I am missing talking to you, and wonder how you are doing. Is there anything I can do to help? The pics of the kids here are marvelous, you do such good work.
Dad