Max went off the diving board yesterday for the first time. It's been his goal since he first submerged his head in the water last Spring. When we started swimming outside this summer he would see all the kids lined up and jumping off the board and he so badly wanted to be able to do it. We told him he had to learn to swim first so that he would be able to swim in the deep water by himself... and so he did.
He tried going off the board last week, but got to the edge and was too scared to go so he turned around. He was still pretty scared this week, but he really wanted to do it. For his first time, Dan was able to be in the water nearby. And I cried, of course, as I watched him. I was so proud of him for working so hard to be able to do that... at four! He was so pleased with himself!!!!
He started crying at bedtime last night... Dan asked why... and he said, I don't want the first-day-I-went-off-the-diving-board to be over.
3 comments:
Way to go, Max! This kid has one hell of a fun life ahead of him - is there anything he won't be able to try?? And so sweet that he wanted the day to last forever! Seriously Katie, your blog (or more to the point, your kids) is one of the only remaining things that makes me consider having kids.
Yeah Max----
What an accomplishment for him, and to take the LONG journey to do it--impressive.
I have so missed your writing, Your seeing a Moose in the woods of Colorado is not something that was there when I was there as a youth.
Help Max to connect with those special days as you are doing for lara is right He will have many with that tenacity.Gpa Ed
What a kid - and what drive!! He will go far!
Post a Comment