Whew! I get out the door without crushing any bones. We are only running 5 minutes late as opposed to our usual fifteen, Alex has her enormous bed-head tangle combed out before noon for once, and Max is actually wearing a new shirt today without one once of protest. (Who is this child I think to myself?)
Usually we discuss traffic patterns on the way to school. Max is obsessed with knowing what all of the signs say and what they mean. So while I'm explaining what it means to yield and why sometimes you can make a right turn on red and sometimes you can't, Alex is bouncing back and forth in her car seat to the current song on the radio. I especially like the times when they are both rockin' out to the song on the radio...but more often than not they're telling me to turn it off because they don't like it. Occasionally there is a fight between them about whether the windows should be rolled down or up. I always win that one.
But today, today is different. Max is blowing his nose (into a tissue-hallelujah!) and all of the sudden he exclaims that his booger is ORANGE. I check it out at the red light. It's sort of orangish, but I don't want to burst any bubbles we're riding on so I agree with him. Then he blows again and gets more out and cries, "MOM, LOOK AT THIS ONE! THIS IS THE COOLEST BOOGER I EVER GOT OUT!" Alex agrees because he's showing her, "YA, Max. IT IS!"
So.. I felt I should record it... as with all of his firsts and special occasions: today Max blew the coolest booger ever.
1 comment:
Here's hoping you are having a great summer!
Post a Comment